Sunday 29 June 2014

Through the woods we ran

At the moment, my favourite thing to do is to get out of my city centre flat and into open air to enjoy the countryside in Manchester and the surrounding area.

It's fun, relaxing, gets your blood pumping and better still, it's free. Plus, scientists believe that just looking at pictures of plants and trees can help with stress and improve cognitive performance.

It's particularly lovely at the moment as the flowers are in full bloom.

Lately, I've been exploring corners of the Ribble Valley with one of my best friends and her little boy. They live in a house that overlooks the picturesque valley which inspired the Lord of the Rings (Tolkien was teaching at neighbouring Stonyhurst College during the time he was writing it.) 

I've also been enjoying Todmorden and Hebden Bridge, where a couple of my friends live with their boyfriends. The towns, which sit on the borders of Lancashire and Yorkshire, have something of a cult hippy following and are surrounded by breathtaking countryside.







All pictures are by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment